XL Studenten Uitzendbureau Groningen
32 - 40
0 - 1 jaar
Bedrijfskunde / Algemene Economie / Management / Marketing
- Communicatie - PR - Voorlichting
- Personeel en organisatie - HRM
- Financieel - Economisch
For more than a century HEINEKEN has been present in Africa and passionate about the continents’ huge potential for growth. The combination of growing populations, strong expected economic growth, improved political stability and in many markets an emerging, brand-conscious middle class creates attractive growth opportunities. These trends in 2012 benefited Heineken®, the clear leading IPS brand in Africa, and our regional blockbuster brands such as Primus, Star, Gulder, MÜtzig, Maltina and Turbo King. A focus on innovation is helping us to drive volume and market share growth at both a market and regional level. We continued to invest ahead of the anticipated growth curve in Africa to enable us to seize the opportunity. Capacity expansion programs were implemented in Algeria, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Rwanda and Tunisia. In addition, we invested in upgrading the two breweries that we acquired in Ethiopia in 2011 and in reinvigorating the local brands. The results have been encouraging. We have also made good progress in the development of a green-field brewery close to Addis Ababa that will brew Heineken®.
The AME Regional Commerce Team is based in Amsterdam and works closely together with the local AME markets on various projects and initiatives to drive business results. The Commerce discipline covers Sales, Marketing, Trade Marketing and Distribution. In all these areas numerous projects emerge from immediate business opportunities or needs? These projects are managed by the AME commerce team and the role of interns to execute locally is a key contributor to bringing these initiatives to life.
The AME Commerce Internship Program has been developed to give young ambitious talents the opportunity to work on challenging assignments from Amsterdam or in one of our AME markets. For a duration of up to 6 months, you become part of one of our local organizations and get to work on a challenging assignment with a high level of responsibilities. Over 90% of our internships are conducted in a AME market for the full duration of the internship.
As an AME Intern y-u will get to work on a high impact assignment working in between the local management team, operations and the AME region. A variety of assignments are possible and y-u are assigned based on y-ur profile and the available projects. Note that in the full year 2012 about 40 students joined the AME commerce internship program.
There are different types of projects:
- Trade Census: you will conduct a large scale project to identify and enumerate all beverage selling outlets in a market through mobile technology. By doing so valuable market information will be revealed which allows informed strategic decision making
- Sales Strategy Review: a strategic improvement project aimed at revising the full sales strategy. Your objective is to develop a fact-based strategy in cooperation with the local operating company.
- Route to Market Review: in a RTM review you will assess the most cost effective way to get our products from brewery to consumer. Considering the number of intermediates in the value chain, there’s a lot at stake make the right choices
- Distributor Management: in AME we go indirect to our customers. Distributors play a critical role to not only deliver our products but also our strategies. You will be responsible to bring the capability levels of our distributors to a higher level through strategic and tactical initiatives
- Trade Marketing activity planning : based on the sales strategy you help to define relevant activation programs by brand and channel ensuring through the line communication consistent with brand plans and sales strategies
- CRM and Sales Execution : when we understand the market and have the right strategy in place it’s time to ensure flawless execution at the point of consumption. Heineken’s largest sales community can be found in AME. It will be your role that this community is executing the right things in the right outlets. The implementation of a CRM is often required to lift sales execution to a higher level
- Marketing : occasionally there are marketing assignments where you work from Amsterdam or a local market on brand building activities, either digital or via the more traditional media
We are looking for enthusiastic, mature and hands-on students who are in the final stage of their studies. You are both analytically strong and practically oriented. International experience is preferred. A strong personality and flexibility is required. Fluency in English is mandatory. French is important for some countries.
We also welcome applications from students with nationality from our region; or specific interest in and knowledge of African culture.
All candidates should furthermore possess the following skills/characteristics:
• Enthusiastic and hands-on
• Adventurous and culturally open minded
• Proven leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to be self-steering and work independently where needed
• Good team player
As an AME Intern you will get to work on a high impact assignment working in between the local management team, operations and the AME region
Ben je geïnteresseerd in deze vacature?
Klik op de knop 'Solliciteer direct' en solliciteer online.
Wij nemen daarna snel contact met je op!
Heb je vragen over deze vacature bel dan naar 0507502157 en vraag naar Pim Werners.